I’m officially elevating Sarah Palin to Westboro Baptist Church level. Don’t want hear about it, see about it, talk about it, or write about it anymore. All it does is give her the attention she craves. DON’T FEED THE TROLLS.
1. Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams are both fantastic, and make the material better than it ought to be.
2. The material, both in terms of story and depth, is better than you think it is.
3. Lots and lots of Grizzly Bear. Pretty much the whole soundtrack. Works for most of the scenes it’s in, but might take you ought of the movie a little if you like Grizzly Bear.
4. Might be the best and most terrifying movie I’ve seen all year. Although you can’t really compare this kind of character study to any of the half-dozen-or-so great mainstream movies that came out this year.
5. Do not see this movie if you’re at the beginning of what could be a great relationship. Maybe wait a little while or something.